I'm Holding On To Something That Used To Be There Hoping It Will Come Back, Knowing It Won't

Friday, October 19, 2007

Gazing at the moon
My heart loves to the core.
For once I fell in love
like no other time before.

I met her from the hills,
just text, and window based
The butterflies set in,
with such beauty, she was graced.

With kindness and a voice
She patched up every sore
Was it meant to be,
as it's never been before?

Summer, it came with fire
For at that time we met
And as that wood door opened,
I knew where my heart was set.

Hand in hand we walked,
My faith to her I swore,
as we kissed that first sweet time
We melted on the floor.

As the leaves fell off the trees
Warmth shared through the winter,
of course we had our problems,
flicked off as though a splinter.

Lots of hurdles came,
With those came the pain.
But after all that we've endured
one fact remains the same.

Seasons spent together,
In fact, we could have lasted more,
the fact remains, I still love her
Forever, and ever more.

I pray that she'll come back
I Hope I'm in her mind,
So much I want to share,
Don't care if love is blind.

As she drifts away
there's nothing I want more
then to feel her love again,
As I've never felt before.

No comments: