I'm Holding On To Something That Used To Be There Hoping It Will Come Back, Knowing It Won't

Monday, November 21, 2005

smile even when u are sad




I watch her go through troubles
I watch her sorrow grow,
I watch her shadow weigh her down
I watch her walk alone.

She tries to hide her sadness
Behind a broken smile,
She tries to hide behind her pride
For being weak is not her style.

Something is always bothering her
But you'd never seem to know,
Hiding her pain's a simple task for her
Her realness rarely shows.

Beyond her widened smile
Beyond her sheepish laugh,
Her soul lies frail and broken
From walking a broken path.

I always want to reach out to her
Give her comfort, a brighter day,
But her eyes always seemed so lost and abroad
Her stare so far away.

She seemed so strong to others
It's funny how only few could see,
Even those closest to her heart
How naĆ­ve they all could be.

No comments: